Monday, June 11, 2012

The Berry Patch

 We have been busy working on checking items off of our bucket list!  About a week & a half ago, we visited The Berry Patch for some blueberry picking!  It was earlier than usual, but the berry's were plentiful!  We managed to pick about 5 1/2 pounds and then the kids were done!




Finn was a great picker and only picked the blue ones!!!  His bucket is next to mine...not too bad, considering he probably ate just as many as ended up in his bucket!







Of course you can't leave until you have had one of their yummy blueberry muffins!




So good!



I ended up going back later that night by myself to get more.  I love having them in the freezer to eat through the year!  Growing up, I picked blueberries in the summer to earn money & I love that I can share this experience with Finn & Lilly - it has become a tradition that we look forward to each year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun tradition it is....sorry I missed picking with you this year. Looks like Lilly got her fair share to eat.
Love Grandma

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed