Friday, August 28, 2009

{Happy "P" Day...or something like that}

Yes, as some of you have guessed, today was "P"otty Training Day! Finn has loved sitting on his potty chairs so we've tried a little bit already, but today I was determined to start for real. After breakfast (and a full glass of milk) I took him to his potty chair and Puppy went potty. Then it was Finn's turn so we sat and read and drank water and read some more. Nothing, which I figured, so okay. We got up, I set the timer, and he ran around diaper-less while I tried to give him as much water as I could. And so on....After the third time on the potty chair and nothing, he got up and went about playing.

After a minute or so I noticed he had kinda stopped and was leaning against our bed and, you guessed it, pee-pee all over Mama's bed skirt (and floor). Mama: "Finn, look you went pee-pee on the floor. Next time you can put your pee-pee in the potty." Finn: "Nnnnooo." That wasn't our only accident of the day but I won't go into detail on the other one. I think he was actually holding it in while on the potty and then would go within minutes after getting up. I keep telling myself, Baby steps, we are not in any hurry. Diapers do have their benefits!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed